About Me

My photo
Three and a half years ago I became vegetarian. Three and a half weeks ago, anticipating a certain health diagnosis at any time, I also gave up all added sugar in my diet. My mother is of a certain generation and, although a very good cook, struggles to know what to offer guests with specific dietary restrictions. She once had a vegetarian and a coeliac for dinner at the same time, and nearly lost her reason! So, the idea for this blog was born. Every recipe that features here will be vegan (and, obviously, vegetarian), gluten free, sugar free, lactose and dairy free, and suitable for people on a low sodium diet. That's right, you read that correctly. Even if you have guests with each of these restrictions coming to the same meal, everything here is safe for them. And, before you expect weird and wonderful ingredients to make an appearance, everything I'm using can be bought in larger branches of all major supermarkets - you don't even need to visit health food stores. Try the recipes and tell me what you think!

So What's This Tweet Treats Thingy All About?

Watch the brilliant 30 second trailer below and all will become clear!

Tweet Treats Trailer from Catherine Ryan Howard on Vimeo.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's Party Time!

Afternoon all and a happy Tuesday to you!

Today's challenge was for party food, for either children or adults, and some very yummy recipes came in.  The one that had me sitting up and taking notice - and got a big response from the rest of you, as well - was this one:

"The Frozen Monkey: banana, slice and fill with peanut butter, dip in melted chocolate, then freeze." 

I have to say, the thought of that was haunting me even this morning as I tried to walk off some of the pounds. ;) So, without further ado, today's rockstar of #tweettreat is @ElizabethBastos! Well done Elizabeth. :)

I've now collected 611 recipes, which is phenomenal, but there's still a long road ahead and I can't do it without you all.  Remember, every single recipe will be individually credited to the person who tweets it, and all royalties from the book will go straight to the coffers of Medecins sans Frontieres - none of it will "rest in my account", promise!

I really appreciate all the work people have done so far, in spreading the word and condensing recipes into 140 characters.  Do please, please keep it up!

Now, tomorrow's challenge: for the morning after the party before, hangover cures! Got any truly horrible hangover cures that you swear by? Please let me know!

As ever, I'm still collecting recipes from all other categories as well. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment