About Me

My photo
Three and a half years ago I became vegetarian. Three and a half weeks ago, anticipating a certain health diagnosis at any time, I also gave up all added sugar in my diet. My mother is of a certain generation and, although a very good cook, struggles to know what to offer guests with specific dietary restrictions. She once had a vegetarian and a coeliac for dinner at the same time, and nearly lost her reason! So, the idea for this blog was born. Every recipe that features here will be vegan (and, obviously, vegetarian), gluten free, sugar free, lactose and dairy free, and suitable for people on a low sodium diet. That's right, you read that correctly. Even if you have guests with each of these restrictions coming to the same meal, everything here is safe for them. And, before you expect weird and wonderful ingredients to make an appearance, everything I'm using can be bought in larger branches of all major supermarkets - you don't even need to visit health food stores. Try the recipes and tell me what you think!

So What's This Tweet Treats Thingy All About?

Watch the brilliant 30 second trailer below and all will become clear!

Tweet Treats Trailer from Catherine Ryan Howard on Vimeo.

Friday, May 28, 2010

24 Carrot Gold

Today's challenge was for genuinely vegetarian recipes, and it was suggested by @helen_kara. Well might she suggest that theme, for she promptly churned out 38 vegetarian recipes between yesterday and today!  An incredible number from our one-woman #tweettreat machine. :)

I received a total of 48 recipes over the last 24 hours, bringing our current total to 782!  Today's rockstar will therefore surprise no-one.  It is this one, which I like especially for its whimsy:

"Humorous English Breakfast canape: make small crostini, smear with tom puree, top with small piece ham, add fried quail's egg."

And the winner (surprise surprise) is @helen_kara! Congratulations on your re-rockstaration. ;)

The next challenge was set by @LevParikian (I gave him the chance after he threw his toys out of his pram over something else) and it is Eggs - absolutely anything eggy, even cakes etc.  I expect some great ones.

Right, I'm off to Kippure for the weekend on the @inkwellHQ Pure Fiction course - yes, really this time. Have a good one everyone, keep the recipes rolling in and I'll talk to you all on Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment